Thursday 24 November 2011

Why I love working from home

There are so many reasons I love working from home, but the reason that really reminded me this week was on Tuesday night when there was all this worry about freezing rain.  It started with a little argument about whose car was going in the garage, so they didn't have to scrape the car in the morning.  I just sat quietly staying out of that discussion. 

Then the morning came around and sure enough there was a layer of ice everywhere.  As I am lying in bed listening to people start their cars, scrapers scarping and wheels turning as they try to get up our hill, I glance over at the clock and see it is only 7 am.  Everyone is scampering out the door to try and get into work by 9 am.  Knowing that the Don Valley Parkway is backed up already this probably won't happen.  I roll over and enjoy the quiet knowing that I will not be late for work, will not be stressed driving down the highway and I won't feel like I have wasted 3 hours of my day just travelling. 

Yes on a day like today, I love working from home.

2 comments:

  1. Working from home has got some advantages and disadvantages as well.


    Resume Format

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Jaylen there are definitely disadvantages as well, but on the first freezing rain storm of the season it was nice not having to drive to work

    ReplyDelete